ISO 29990:2010 specifies basic requirements for providers of learning services in non-formal education and training, is designed for all types of education service providers, to include colleges and universities, industrial firms offering in-house further training, as well as association-run training institutes. In doing so, the standard emphasizes the single most important asset of any training institution: the learning services themselves. With its focus on the actual learning needs of the target group, the development of suitable content, and the evaluation of learning results, the standard describes a model that is trend-setting because it provides evidence of competence and quality
ISO 29990:2010 provides a unified standard for learning service providers, including corporations, vocational institutions, and life-long learning centres, around the globe. Certification against the standard ensures that the design, development and delivery of the learning experience you provide meet the ISO requirements. The audit and certification process also provides you with a transparent analysis of your present program and a valuable tool for developing effective, learner-centred training.
Benefits of ISO 29990 Certification
- As a learning service provider, you establish a common quality model.
- All learning service providers create a common, global reference for its customers in the design, development and implementation of learning and further education.
- Place your learning competence center stage.
- You increase your market presence and your chances because the standard will support trainees in their selection of.
- ISO 29990 will help learning service providers improve their ability to consistently provide quality services, improve organizational effectiveness, and reduce overall business costs.