ISMS or ISO 27001 defines how to organize information security in any kind of organisation, profit or non-profit, private or state-owned, small or large. It is safe to say that this standard is the foundation of information security management.
ISO 27001 is for information security the same thing that ISO 9001 is for quality â€“ it is a standard written by the worldâ€™s best experts in the field of information security and aims to provide a methodology for the implementation of information security in an organisation. It also enables an organisation to get certified, which means that an independent certification body has confirmed that information security has been implemented in the best possible way in the organisation.
Given the importance of ISO 27001, many legislatures have taken this standard as a basis for drawing up different regulations in the field of personal data protection, protection of confidential information, protection of information systems, management of operational risks in financial institutions, etc
Benefits of ITSM:
Protecting your organisations information is critical for the successful management and smooth operation of your organization. Completing ISO/IEC 27001 information security management systems certification will aid your organisation in managing and protecting your valuable data and information assets. Some of the benefits of ISO 27001 are:
- Increased security awareness among employees and intersted party
- Safeguarding of the security objectives confidentiality, availability, integrity, authenticity, and reliability of information
- Contribution to safe guarding business continuity
- Legal certainty through systematic adherence to relevant laws on information security and data protection
- Reduced risk of management liability
- Cost savings through avoid incidents in information security management
- Internationally recognized & applicable to all sectors, giving you access to new markets across the world.
- Give proof to your customers and purchasers of the high level of security management.